Gift In Your Will
A gift in your Will can leave a lasting legacy in your name and assist us to continue our work to support patients and increase survival.
Whether you’re writing your first Will or updating an existing one, read our guidelines below and make sure you consult a solicitor for legal advice on finalising your Will.
If you are considering leaving a gift in your will for Pancare, we will promise to do the following:
- We will always respect your privacy. You don’t have to tell us you’ve left a gift, we respect your privacy (although we would like the opportunity to thank you!) Even if we have a conversation about it, we won’t keep asking unless you’d like us to.
- Family comes first. A lot of time when discussing a legacy gift, it can come across as if we value our work above your family. This is not the case – please make sure to look after friends and family first.
- Your decision, your time. This is a big decision. We wouldn’t ask you to do anything you’re not ready for. We’ll be here if you have any questions.
- The Choice. While we welcome the conversation and would like to offer you a choice as to where your funding goes, we can promise that if your gift remains unrestricted, we will ensure it is used carefully for the greatest impact.
- It isn’t final. Should you change your mind we’ll understand. Life situations come and go.
- Opportunity to be Connected. If you’d like to pledge a legacy gift, this is the ideal way to remain connected to the organisation. We will gladly welcome you to our most exclusive events and give you an opportunity to discuss with key figures in the Pancare Foundation what is happening in our space and how we are working to make the future brighter for Pancreatic and Upper GI Cancer patients.