Understanding the complexities and challenges of pancreatic tumour treatment
Thursday 20 May 11-12.30pm AEST
We warmly invite you to join us for our upcoming PanSupport Online Patient & Carer Support Group – April.
Join us for an informative session featuring Prof Frederic Hollande and Dr Paul Nguyen, researchers at the Univeristy of Melbourne Centre for Cancer Research, as they discuss their pancreatic cancer research projects which aim to understand:
• Why pancreatic tumours resist current treatments
• Development of new therapies and treatments
• Improving outcomes for patients
Fred and Paul will share how they became passionate about pancreatic cancer research and discuss how the detailed characterisation of pancreatic tumours can lead to the development of more personalised and more efficient treatments against this disease.
When: Thursday 20th May: 11am – 12.30pm AEST
Where: Join Microsoft Teams Meeting – link will be provided
Our PanSupport Online Patient & Carer Support Group offers a caring, and open forum where you can share your experiences with other people who are affected by upper gastrointestinal (GI) cancers, which include pancreatic, liver, stomach, biliary and oesophageal cancers, from the comfort of your home. Each of these groups will feature a specialist presenter who will talk to you about a specific topic that may be impacting your wellbeing and provide tools to help address challenges you may be facing.
We look forward to welcoming you.
When: Thursday 20 May, 11-12.30pm AEST
Where: Online – details to be emailed
RSVP: Please email [email protected]
Our PanSupport Online Patient & Carer Support Groups will be run across the year. These ‘Presenter Led’ groups, where external experts address particular areas of interest, will take place once a month. You may like to make a note of upcoming dates as follows:
- Thursday 22nd July – Patients & Carers – presenter led session
- Thursday 19th August – Patients & Carers – presenter led session
- Thursday 23rd September – Patients & Carers – presenter led session
- Thursday 21st October – Patients & Carers – presenter led session
- Thursday 18th November – Patients & Carers – presenter led session
> Learn more about available support groups