Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month November 2019
Out of all the major cancers, pancreatic cancer has one of the lowest survival rates.
Pancreatic cancer can be difficult to detect due to the location of the pancreas and because symptoms can be vague and similar to other medical conditions.
With no early detection test, patients are often misdiagnosed and the majority will only find out they have pancreatic cancer when it’s already advanced.
But, it’s more than just the numbers or statistics.
The 3,599 people diagnosed each year are our mothers, fathers, partners, sisters, brothers and friends – and we need to share their stories to help grow awareness of this disease and create progress.
Australia, it’s time to put the spotlight on pancreatic cancer.
Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month is all about raising awareness of the disease to accelerate funding and research to improve outcomes for pancreatic cancer. Your funds raised can support Pancare Foundation provide support services and invest into research for early detection and new treatments.
There’s plenty of ways you can get involved this November:
- Host a fundraiser to support Australians impacted by pancreatic cancer
- Make a donation to help continue the important work of Pancare Foundation
- Start the conversation with friends, family and work colleagues so they better understand pancreatic cancer, including symptoms to be aware of
- Wear purple during November and share why pancreatic cancer is important to you
- Purchase a purple ribbon to raise awareness of pancreatic cancer
- Share information from our social media pages to your friends and family
Our team are here to help you every step of the way!
If you want to talk to someone about your fundraising idea, or need help getting started, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 881 698.