Leaving a gift in your Will
With some of the lowest survival rates out of all the major cancers, it’s our mission to improve survival and support for Australians diagnosed with pancreatic, liver, stomach, biliary and oesophageal cancers. We believe, with the right level of investment, substantial progress can be made to improve support for and survival rates of people living with these devastating cancers.
A gift in your Will can leave a lasting legacy in your name and assist us to continue our work to support patients and increase survival.
How to leave a gift in your Will
We appreciate everyone’s support and generosity, no matter the size – or way – in which we receive it. We recommend that you discuss your wishes and seek advice from a solicitor who can assist you with the preparation of your Will. There are three common ways you may choose to leave a gift in your Will to the Pancare Foundation.
A residuary gift
A residue is a gift amounting to whatever remains in your estate after loved ones have been taken care of. It removes the need to put a precise value on your gift.
A pecuniary gift
A pecuniary gift allows you to leave a specific sum of money from your estate to the Pancare Foundation.
A percentage allows you to leave a nominated percentage of your estate to the Pancare Foundation.
“I bequeath to the Pancare Foundation, ABN 89 797 016 686, registered to 70 Yarra Street, Heidelberg, VIC 3084,
- The residue of my estate or
- Percentage of my residuary estate (specified percentage) or
- The sum of (specified sum), or
- My (specified assets),
free of all duties and deductions to advance the work of the Pancare Foundation to be used for its general purpose. An official receipt from Pancare Foundation shall be deemed sufficient proof of discharge.”
Letting us know
If you do decide to include the Pancare Foundation in your Will, we would like the opportunity to thank you for your generosity and keep you updated on our progress on improving support for patients and research for upper gastrointestinal cancers.
We promise to:
- Always respect your privacy. Although you don’t have to tell us you’ve left a gift, we always welcome the opportunity to thank you. Even if we have a conversation about it, we won’t keep asking unless you’d like us to.
- Family comes first. A lot of time when discussing a legacy gift, it can come across as if we value our work above your family. This is not the case – please make sure to look after friends and family first.
- Your decision, your time. This is a big decision. We wouldn’t ask you to do anything you’re not ready for. We’ll be here if you have any questions.
- The Choice. While we welcome the conversation and would like to offer you a choice as to where your funding goes, we can promise that if your gift remains unrestricted, we will ensure it is used carefully for the greatest impact.
- It isn’t final. Should you change your mind we’ll understand. Life situations come and go.
- Opportunity to be connected. If you’d like to pledge a legacy gift, this is the ideal way to remain connected to the organisation. We will gladly welcome you to our most exclusive events and give you an opportunity to discuss with key figures in the Pancare Foundation what is happening in our space and how we are working to make the future brighter for Pancreatic and Upper GI Cancer patients.
To have a confidential discussion about your intentions, please contact Alex, our Donor Development Specialist, on 1300 881 698.