Specialist Cancer Nurse
Your donation today will help Pancare hire a new Specialist Cancer Nurse to make sure that we are there for patients at every stage of their cancer journey.
The need for Pancare’s services continues to grow. In 2021 alone, almost 12,500 Australians will be newly diagnosed with an upper gastrointestinal cancer. Pancare must expand our Upper GI Specialist Cancer Nurse Telehealth Service to meet this need. By making a gift today, you will help our new Specialist Cancer Nurse:
- Help patients understand their diagnosis;
- Equip patients with the right questions to ask their medical care team;
- Discuss practical tips to manage symptoms and side effects;
- Help patients to understand the options around procedures and treatment for their cancer;
- Provide appropriate resources;
- Provide ongoing support throughout treatment and beyond.