Book your call with our Pancreatic and Upper GI Specialist Cancer Nurse
A Specialist Cancer Nurse provides a telephone based service for patients, their families and carers at any stage of their upper GI cancer journey.
Our Specialist Cancer Nurse, Shannon, is a highly experienced oncology nurse who can provide evidence-based information regarding diagnosis, treatment, symptom management, well-being in addition to guidance about relevant support services. Although our Specialist Cancer Nurse cannot give individual medical advice, she can talk about the effects of specific types of cancer and explain what will happen during processes like chemotherapy, radiotherapy or other cancer treatments.
The Specialist Cancer Nurse aims to empower patients, their families and carers to work with their healthcare team to make informed choices about the treatment and management of their upper GI cancer, whilst also addressing their supportive care needs and providing tailored informational support and can link you with our wider range of support programs for further emotional, financial and practical help.
You can speak to our nurse about anything to do with cancer including:
- Help to clarify information given to patients by their treating doctor the diagnosis of cancer
- Help to clarify medical terms
- Provide information about treatments and their side effects e.g. chemotherapy, radiotherapy, pain medication
- Provide information about procedures and their side effects e.g. surgery, stent insertions/changes
- Equip you with questions you can ask your medical care team
- Provide you with resources
- Provide ongoing support throughout your treatment and beyond.
You can book a 1 hour telehealth appointment with Shannon, Monday to Friday, by using the form below.