Knowledge, Information and Tools to help you navigate living with an upper GI cancer
My Care KIT was developed by Pancare Foundation as a guide to help you throughout your experience with an upper GI cancer. This comprehensive folder, with evidence-based information written by upper GI cancer experts, can help you better understand a recent diagnosis, treatments available and various pathways through living with an upper GI cancer.
What you’ll find in the KIT
Packaged in a handy A5 binder that you can use to keep safe other medical information you may receive from your treating hospital or cancer service, each binder contains a series of booklets, information sheets on a range of topics and a place to record information about your cancer experience that you can share with your treating team.
Available with information specific to each upper GI cancer – pancreatic, liver, stomach, biliary and oesophageal – the binder contains tab dividers to help keep your information organized and contains the following sections:
- A guide to understanding cancer booklet
- Getting the most out of telehealth appointments fact sheet
- Dealing with the emotional impact of an upper GI cancer fact sheet
- Record keeping sheets for you to store details on your care team, appointments and side effects you may be experiencing
- Understanding optimal care pathways fact sheet
- Pain management fact sheet
- Understanding immunotherapy fact sheet
Diet and Nutrition
- Diet and nutrition booklet
- Food diary record keeping sheet
- Exercise and upper GI cancer fact sheet
Finances and receipts
- Managing the financial impact of an upper GI cancer fact sheet
Trials and research
- Understanding clinical trials fact sheet
- Record keeping sheet on clinical trials you may be participating in
- Palliative care fact sheet
You can also download digital copies of our booklets and fact sheets in addition to replacement record keeping sheets on our resources section.
Order your free KIT today
Pancreatic Cancer – Available now
Oesophageal Cancer – Available now
Biliary Cancer – Currently in development
Stomach & Liver Cancer – Currently in development
We’re here to help
Although a cancer diagnosis is a life-changing experience, you’re not alone.
Our friendly PanSupport team are experienced at supporting people with upper gastrointestinal cancer. Call 1300 881 698 or book a call to speak with our specialist upper GI cancer nurses for with for information and cancer care support.