Patient Support Meetings
Held monthly in Victoria, the Pancare Patient Support Meetings bring together specialist speakers, patients and community leaders to initiate constructive and supportive conversations in a friendly and educative environment.
February and March meetings to be held at Uniting Church, 187 Burgundy St, Heidelberg 1 – 3pm.
April meeting meeting will be held at the Olivia Newton John Wellness Centre, Heidelberg, 1 – 3pm.
To view all current events click here
Telephone Support Group
In conjunction with Cancer Council Victoria and New South Wales, Pancare is funding a national pancreatic cancer telephone support group run by professionals to assist in the isolation that can occur for patients living outside metropolitan areas.
The Pancreatic Cancer Telephone Support Group (TSG) is a free, professional facilitated support group from the comfort of your home or workplace, wherever you are in Australia. They are open groups and you can join in whenever you feel well enough on an ongoing basis.
How does it work? Members are telephoned by Cancer Council so there are no costs to participate. You can be called on a landline or a mobile.
To find out more, call Cancer Council NSW national referral line on 1300 755 632 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Pancreatic TSG meets the first and third Wednesdays of the month from 1.30pm – 2.30pm (EST) and accepts new members at any time.
The Advanced Cancer TSG meets the first and third Tuesday of the month from 1.30pm – 2.30pm (EST) and is for people with a variety of cancers, including pancreatic cancer.
The Carers’ TSG meets the second and fourth Wednesdays of the month from 1.30pm – 2.30pm (EST) and is for people caring for someone with any cancer, including pancreatic cancer.
The Telephone Support Group program is offered by Cancer Council NSW in conjunction with Cancer Council Victoria.
Pancreatic Nurse Specialists
Pancreatic Cancer Support Australia (PCSA) provides a national, telehealth case management service, an online support service, online information based on current research, and nurse education and support. PCSA is hosted and governed by the Centre for Community-Driven Research.
Through the telephone support service, you can access a registered nurse who can help you build you own personalised care plan or simply have a chat. Once you are assigned a nurse, you can access your nurse for as long as you and your family need. You will always talk with the same nurse so that you don’t have to repeat your history each time. Simply call 1300 75 50 50 or email email@example.com
How it works:
- Call 1300 75 50 50 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time to talk to a pancreatic care nurse or if you have a question that you would like to ask.
- Our pancreatic cancer nurse will call you at the scheduled time, listen to your needs and help develop a care plan for you and your family. If you want to involve your family in the call, that’s fine too.
Please click here for more information.
Oesophageal & Stomach Cancer
- American Gastroenterological Association
- National Cancer Institute
- Cancer Council Australia – Oesophagogastric cancer – what to expect
- Cancer Council Australia – Optimal cancer care pathway for people with oesophagogastric cancer
Pancreatic Cancer Online Webinars
*Please note these are US based webinar recordings.
- Helpful Tools for Health & Wellbeing
- Genetics of Pancreatic Cancer
- Treatment Approaches for Pancreatic Cancer
- Nutrition After Surgery and Long Term Management
- Nutrition and Pancreatic Enzymes for Side Effect Management
- Understanding Radiation Therapy and its Role in Treating Patients with Pancreatic Cancer
- Pain and Symptom Management in Pancreatic Cancer
- The Role of Integrative Oncology for Pancreatic Cancer Patients