Patient Support Meetings
Held bi-monthly in Ivanhoe, Victoria, the Pancare Patient Support Meetings bring together specialist speakers, patients and community leaders to initiate constructive and supportive conversations in a friendly and educative environment.
The April Patient Support Group will be held on the 21st April, 2017 from 2:00pm – 4:00pm.
Please see below materials provided at previous meetings:
February 2017 – Dale Ischia, Exercise Physiologist
To view all current events click here
Telephone Support Group
In conjunction with Cancer Council Victoria and New South Wales, Pancare is funding a national pancreatic cancer telephone support group run by professionals to assist in the isolation that can occur for patients living outside metropolitan areas.
The Pancreatic Cancer Telephone Support Group (TSG) is a free, professional facilitated support group from the comfort of your home or workplace, wherever you are in Australia. They are open groups and you can join in whenever you feel well enough on an ongoing basis.
How does it work? Members are telephoned by Cancer Council so there are no costs to participate. You can be called on a landline or a mobile.
To find out more, call Cancer Council NSW national referral line on 1300 755 632 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Pancreatic TSG meets the first and third Wednesdays of the month from 1.30pm – 2.30pm (EST) and accepts new members at any time.
The Advanced Cancer TSG meets the first and third Tuesday of the month from 1.30pm – 2.30pm (EST) and is for people with a variety of cancers, including pancreatic cancer.
The Carers’ TSG meets the second and fourth Wednesdays of the month from 1.30pm – 2.30pm (EST) and is for people caring for someone with any cancer, including pancreatic cancer.
The Telephone Support Group program is offered by Cancer Council NSW in conjunction with Cancer Council Victoria.
1300 4 A Nurse
The Centre for Community-Driven Research has launched The Erika Ruck and Margaret Lees Pancreatic Cancer Nurse Network.
If you are pancreatic cancer patient, caring for someone with pancreatic cancer or an oncology nurse looking after a pancreatic cancer patient – this service is for you.
How it works:
- Schedule a time using the booking system to talk with our pancreatic cancer nurse.
- You can also call 1300 4 A NURSE or email email@example.com to schedule your consultation or if you have a question that you would like to ask
- Our pancreatic cancer nurse will call you at the scheduled time, listen to your needs and help develop a care plan for you and your family. If you want to involve your family in the call, that’s fine too.
Please click here to book your consultation.
Oesophageal & Stomach Cancer
- American Gastroenterological Association
- National Cancer Institute
- Cancer Council Australia – Oesophagogastric cancer – what to expect
- Cancer Council Australia – Optimal cancer care pathway for people with oesophagogastric cancer
Pancreatic Cancer Online Webinars
*Please note these are US based webinar recordings.
- Helpful Tools for Health & Wellbeing
- Genetics of Pancreatic Cancer
- Treatment Approaches for Pancreatic Cancer
- Nutrition After Surgery and Long Term Management
- Nutrition and Pancreatic Enzymes for Side Effect Management
- Understanding Radiation Therapy and its Role in Treating Patients with Pancreatic Cancer
- Pain and Symptom Management in Pancreatic Cancer
- The Role of Integrative Oncology for Pancreatic Cancer Patients