An on-demand webinar for health professionals who provide care for people with upper gastro-intestinal (GI) cancers, including oncologists, GPs, gastroenterologists and allied health professionals.
The webinar aims to improve the understanding and management of pancreatic exocrine insufficiency (PEI) and pancreatic enzyme replacement therapy (PERT) for people affected by pancreatic cancer.
▶ Watch on-demand webinar recording
This webinar was recorded on Wednesday 18th May 2022. You will be asked to register to access the recording.
The panel included:
- Lauren Atkins, Oncology Dietitian (Facilitator)
- Dr Mehrdad Nikfarjam
- Chris C, consumer
- Professor John Zalcberg
The expert panel discussed:
- What is pancreatic exocrine insufficiency (PEI) and pancreatic enzyme replacement therapy (PERT)?
- Use of PERT for people living with pancreatic cancer:
- After pancreatectomy
- After Whipples
- Recommendation for patients:
- How to take pancreatic enzymes
- Side effects
- Patient sharing lived experience
- Who should prescribe PERT?
- Frequently asked questions